To empower marginalised communities in the Mekong Sub-Region to shape their own futures. We achieve this by working with communities to improve healthcare and education for children and provide socioeconomic opportunities for families.
1. Focusing on the needs of the beneficiaries
2. Promoting and protecting the rights of the child
3. Using resources efficiently and effectively
4. Acknowledging and valuing diversity
5. Maintaining full transparency and accountability
6. Reflecting on and continually improving our work
‘Give a man fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.’ However, successful development assistance begins not with giving fish or teaching how to fish, but rather with understanding whether this person wants to fish.
We believe that the key to sustainable development is to carefully listen and understand the true needs of the communities.
We use a bottom-up approach that puts the needs of the community at the centre.
Once we have established a trusting relationship with a community, we often start our assistance by addressing the needs of the children. We then build on the knowledge gained and the goodwill earned to launch additional community development initiatives.