Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Child’s Dream. To volunteer means to do challenging work and to be exposed to difficult situations, but it also means an outstanding opportunity to develop your personality and to experience life-enriching moments.
The minimum requirements to become a Child’ Dream volunteer
- 20 years old and older.
- Willing to be based in our Chiang Mai office for a minimum of three months.
- Financially independent – Child’s Dream does not provide any financial support, including compensation for travel, accomodation, and living expenses.
- Can work full time from Monday through Friday. Volunteers are entitled to 5 working days of annual leave per 3 months of work. We would, however, prefer volunteers to take their holidays before or after the volunteering assignment with Child’s Dream.
TYPE OF POSITION
Volunteer – Monitoring & Evaluation
“My volunteering experience was enriching and rewarding in many ways. Working for no compensation may scare off some people…” Read full story
Volunteer Application Instructions
To apply for a volunteer position with Child’s Dream, kindly complete the following form. Please note that only completed application forms will be accepted.
- Download Volunteer Application Form
- Fill in
- Send completed Volunteer Application Form together with required documents to email@example.com
- We will review your application and contact you shortly.
Important Reads Before You Consider Volunteering
- On Western ‘Do Gooders’
- Plan to visit Cambodia?
- Orphan Business
- Cambodia’s orphan tourism
- Before you pay to volunteer abroad, think of the harm you might do – The Guardian
- ChildSafe Traveler Tips
- CNN Go ‘Voluntourism’
- BBC: ‘Is gap year volunteering a bad thing?’