Communication Support Volunteer
CHIANG MAI, THAILAND (HQ)
ON A ROLLING BASIS
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Communication and Marketing team
- School project proposal and final report writing in coordination with our field project staff
- Update of external documents including marketing materials, donor reports, and fact sheets
- Website uploads
- Occasional online research tasks
- General office administration
Qualifications / Profile
- Student or BA in Business Administration/Economics or equivalent, comparable professional experience
- Strong command of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent command of written and verbal English language (German language skills are of great advantage but not a must)
- Proactive, well organised, and self-motivated
- Strong analysis and conceptual skills, with close attention to detail
- Team player, who is also able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Open-minded, flexible, spontaneous, who is interested in social development work and foreign cultures
- This position requires physical presence in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- A dynamic and young work environment
- Experience in social development in a multicultural setting
- Flexible work hours with three schedules to choose from
8:00-17:00 (1 hr lunch break)
8:30-17:30 (1 hr lunch break)
9:00-18:00 (1 hr lunch break)
- We can arrange a project visit within the period of your volunteer assignment (usually at the end) depending on the timing and availability of our field staff
To start with your application, please download and email back the completed Volunteer Application Form together with required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only completed application forms will be considered for further assessment.
Some frequently asked questions.
If you would like to find out more please email us at email@example.com
1. Will I get paid for my volunteer work?
We do not provide board and lodging or compensation. Volunteers need to provide themselves with accommodation, transportation, food, etc.
2. How much time do I need to volunteer?
For this volunteer position, we require a minimum stay of three months. This is due to the complexity of our work and the training required with our databases.
There is a 5 work-day leave per three-month period.
3. What can I expect?
This volunteer position is a 100% office-based with no interaction with children.