Volunteer IT Assistant
CHIANG MAI, THAILAND (HQ)
ON A ROLLING BASIS
You support our Regional IT Support and Network Manager with his daily tasks to maintain our IT infrastructure in our offices in the region.
Your duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Configuring hardware and software and setting up peripherals such as printers
- Repairing, maintaining and installing IT equipment
- Providing support for end‐users
- Troubleshooting and solving diverse IT issues
- Suggesting effective and efficient IT solutions to maintain and improve our IT infrastructure
- Maintaining IT documentation
- Various other IT tasks and interdepartmental projects
We are looking for a person with:
- A strong interest in IT and the NGO environment
- Practical and/or theoretical knowledge in IT through first work experience in the IT field, through attending various IT training courses or pursuing a degree in IT or a similar field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Can communicate well with others in an international environment where the common language is English
- Have the ability to build strong and trustful relationships with internal and external stakeholders and keep commitments.
What We Offer
- A multicultural working environment with a team of more than 10 nationalities
- A working culture based on trust, constant exchange, lean hierarchy and constant learning and development.
- The opportunity to gain a deep insight into the operations of a NGO
- Hear our story from the two founders of Child`s Dream
- Join a field trip with our project team if schedule permits
To start with your application, please download and email back the completed Volunteer Application Form together with required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only completed application forms will be considered for further assessment.
Some frequently asked questions.
If you would like to find out more please email us at email@example.com
1. Will I get paid for my volunteer work?
We do not provide board and lodging or compensation. Volunteers need to provide themselves with accommodation, transportation, food, etc.
2. How much time do I need to volunteer?
For this volunteer position, we require a minimum stay of three months. This is due to the complexity of our work and the training required with our databases.
There is a 5 work-day leave per three-month period.
3. What can I expect?
This volunteer position is a 100% office-based with no interaction with children.