▪ Without people educated at tertiary level, communities are less likely to be able to direct development of their communities as they see fit
▪ Communities may lack awareness of their level of development due to lack of education
▪ Community leaders are often unable to solve challenges related to local development because they are unaware of macro-level processes that have local impacts
▪ There is a shortage of well-educated and experienced leaders across many communities in the Mekong Sub-Region
▪ The communities most in need of educated leaders are usually the communities most unable to afford the cost of tertiary education for individuals
▪ To promote the development of the countries in the Mekong Sub-Region
▪ To support the education of students at university level with scholarships for tuition and fees, living costs, and essential supplies
▪ To prioritise students who are likely to have a positive multiplier effect in their communities
▪ To prioritise students who are likely to have a direct impact from the application of their knowledge gained from university studies
University Scholarship Application Forms
▪ INTERNATIONAL: CLOSED – The online application form will re-open in December 2023
▪ CAMBODIA: CLOSED – application form publication date, to be determined.
▪ MYANMAR: CLOSED – application form publication date, to be determined.
▪ LAO PDR: CLOSED – application form publication date, to be determined.
▪ THAILAND: OPEN – Application form for 2023-24 University Scholarship Thailand Programme > CLICK HERE
We here summarise our annual updates collected from our Myanmar and Laos alumni.
▪ Myanmar Alumni Report 2018
▪ Laos Alumni Report 2018