Zwekabin Myay - Hpa-an Education Project
- Kayin State
- Status / Year:
- No of Beneficiaries:
- Approx. 20 students / intake
- Age of Beneficiaries:
- USD 30,000 - annual budget
ZKB’s mission is to assist school leavers and university graduates to successfully take the next steps in their lives by bridging the gap between where existing formal education ends, and the wider world of work or further study begins.
▪ to provide effective vocational training to young people in Kayin State
▪ to further their educational, health, and social development
▪ to encourage active engagement with and taking responsibility for the development of the wider community
▪ to consequently enable them to enjoy a higher standard of living
The programme is a total of 8 months residential school programme. The students have to complete all classes, followed by the experiential learning in a practical work placement of 10 months. Courses taught fall into six broad content categories, which include English, Social and Community Development, Personal Development, Analytical Skills, Vocational Skills, and Multi-subject crossover. Courses aim to build subject knowledge, relevant skills and personal capacities. Students begin the programme at a basic level of English and are expected to graduate functioning at a high-intermediate communication level. Students explore their relationship to their community, their region, and the world and then they implement projects in the community.